Sunday, June 1, 2014

blog 11 happy meals


            In the passage “Happy Meals,” Michael Pollan gave massive amount of advice that can help your healthy ways. One friendly advice that Pollan stated was that do not eat any food that your grandparents or great-grandparents wouldn’t recognize at all. Another advice that my family can do is get more fresh food than processed. My family love organic food so that we can eat healthy. Also, my mom love to make meals with salad with tomatoes at times. I know that my mom love to cook a lot. Instead of buying a fast food meal, my mom cooks me something simple.

            There was some advice Pollan mention that I know my family will not follow. One of the advices Pollan said that my family probably would have a hard time to follow is to avoid any ingredients that either are unfamiliar or straight up harmful. My mom know what she wants when she gets it but sometimes there can be ingredients that are harmful. My mom doesn’t go for food products that make health claims. Food companies now cannot be trusted because you never know what they inject in it to make the product healthy.

            One thing my family cannot do right now is to get out the supermarket because they always go to the nearest one. Also, my family would pay whatever amount to feed their kids. My parents, aunts and uncle always buy more than 100 dollars of food. I understand it is hard to buy food since prices goes up but you have to do it.

No comments: