Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blog 5 Truman show

          Sea haven,the constructed world put in front of an unsuspecting Truman Burbank by Cristof,for the amusement of millions.Truman's life the epicenter of entertainment for all.Reality t.v at its best.A great example how addicted our society is too constant real world drama.How does ones life compare to Truman's......In particular mines....smiley face.Fortunately for me I never experienced such tragedy as he did.Cannot imagine losing my father in front of me on a fishing trip.He's phobia for water is completely understandable in my book.My family life is the view of your your typical American family.Both my parents are still together and me my two siblings are really close.Truman is an only child and Truman's mother wasn't to helpful when Truman told her,he ran into he's father in the street.Our work life's are completely different,Truman works in an office for an insurance company,and I work as an emt.In the 8 years I've been in the work force.I have never held an office job.I never liked the thought of sitting in one place answering phones or on a computer.doesn't fir my personality.Me and Truman have a lot in common personality wise,as he's a bit of a jokester and he's kind and polite with everyone.
          To live or not to live in Cristof's world that is the question.Given Truman's situation being in an unwanted pregnancy mad all.No foundation or support system from birth.Who knows how he's life would have turned out.Cristof in an Essenes saved him and gave him stability.Pretty much gave him a normal life.Sure he benefitted from it and made tons of money from it.If I were given the choice Truman had.To walk into the real world or stay in Cristof world.I would have said the same thing."In case I don't see ya,good morning,good evening and goodnight."In the end I would feel like a prisoner,He wanted to go to Fiji and he couldn't.He was in love with the extra but couldn't be with her.He's father was killed and when he tried to escape he almost suffered the same fate for real.In the end Truman was not in control of he's own life.Cristof was,and I cannot love a life where I'm not in control of my own destiny.

2 comments:

Doctor X said...

Good arguments.

8 years as an EMT, eh? That is one important job.

Greenlantern1 said...

its exciting work,my workday is neve routine,wished it paid more thou lol