Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Learning from the ebert &roepers of the hype essays

           Hype was an interesting piece of work.I had the privilege to read 6 essays.Written by my peers,That were then evaluated by my classmates and a professional evaluator.On the topic of advertising and kalle lasn view on the subject.In the following essay I will describe what I learned from each response.Based on the evaluations of my classmates and the professional reviewer.
          In response number 1,I learned that you need to have a clear understanding of what your writing.As some classmates stated that the writer did not have a clear understanding of the main idea.In essay number 2,everyone felt that it was a passing essay.It was well written good format and references.our 3rd essay to go over was almost the complete opposite outcome of essay 2.Almost everyone felt it was a bad essay.It had poor grammar and mechanics.Essay's presentation as said by the evaluator is "general and repetitious".
         Essay 4 was a little confusing for me as I personally gave it a fail mark.I felt writer did not use any references from hype and went more with there own personal ideas.Which in tern,I learned you can use this technique as long as your able to back up your statements in a nice proper order.Reference 5 was one of those essays that had the class spilt on pass or fail or an I don't know mark.writing was very brief as shown with a two sentence conclusion and essay came more of a debate.This essay taught me that you need balance in your writing and can't be too one sided and your own personal opinion or the writer's you are writing about.
          Reference 6 the crown jewel in my opinion of all the essay's.Majority of the class gave it great reviews as well as the evaluator giving it a high passing score.Great writing technique keeps the reader just wanting more.Really a great baseline for any essay.Through reading the evaluations of my classmates and evaluator I have learned to to stick to the main Idea.Try to organize my writing better and try to keep the reader engaged.Also use references and personal experiences and don't contradict myself in my writing.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Nicely done--and yes: one issue you need to work on is structure/organization. The good news is that you are already getting better at it. :-)