Saturday, March 8, 2014

Revise "HYPE"

     Whatever too much is worse than less. In the article "Hype" by Kalle Lasn, the author states that too many ads interrupt and mess up our minds . Nowadays, we can see commercial ads almost always everywhere so that there is no ways to be relaxed from those. Lean points out that we even just one step out from home, we automatically confront those. Not only that, in the house, we can watch or listen to those ads as moving our fingers on limo controls for watching tv or clicking the mouse of the computers. The author mentions that it is just too much so that it invades our peaceful minds. Thus, it makes us stressful. As the author acknowledges that we need  freedom from ads, we should try to ban some of ads. Otherwise, we will become mental slavers by the ads. I not only agree with the author what he says the above, but also, I would like to add one more thing that we have to protect our kids from the commercial ads which are  everywhere and most time in our lives because our children do not know which is right ads or not.

      Not even three decades ago, there is not much ads, and we could watch ads in certain time and places, so we really did not think that  the commercial ads kill us and our children's mind. I thump up one hundred percent when he says that " No longer are ads confined to the usual places." When I was 10 years old, 30years ago, having a tv or computer was only for limited people who were super rich in my country, South Korea. We and our children spent time with friends out side as playing real a play such as hind and seek. we only gathered a few times at one's house who had a tv in order to watch the world Olympic or the boxing which was the most interesting game at the time. At a limited time and places that we only were be able to watch the ads that did not ruin our mental ,and it didn't dominate our lives . Now, we have so many technology devices to watch and listen the ads easily  every single minutes. Sadly, seeing ads is an huge part of our lives. I feel that I am the slaver of the ads because I automatically buy goods after seeing or listening  some ads. I feel the ads control my brain to obey them. Thus, I feel that we are the victims from ads. I want  government to limit of time or places of the ads.

       Under teenage, they really do not have the abilities of judgment so that they adopt, copy, or absorb everything they see or listen. Actually, they not even know the meaning of  the song they sing, but they just memorize and sing them. By the reason, I think that we really limit the over flowing of ads for places and times. When the author mentions that " Now I hear that kid singing the Oscar Meyer wiener song", it alarms me. I do not want to my kid to copy the commercial ads or sings which are not proper for our kids. Once I had a terrible experience that my kid flew second floor as copying the Pepsi ads in which the actor had a power after drinking the Pepsi soda and then he flew the sky. My son got heave injury as copying the ads. One more time, I want to make it sure that commercial ads everywhere and every time in our lives, it makes our lives so much stress and anxiety. In addition. I want government to make bans for time and places of ads.

 My kids are not pets and I can't  put them in cages not to do anything. Also, I can't confine their activities. As Lasn illustrates, there is not limitation for ads so we and our kids are exposed by ads everywhere. One day, I was on the way to come back to home with my kids, and we saw an ad that  girls are almost naked and kissing together. My little kids asked me what they were doing, what kinds of places for those. I was ashamed, and I was afraid of my kids that they find out which is disguise.  Kids' minds are  so clean, but they have lots of curiosities. I really want that there is some bans for ads.

      In sum up, as the author points out, we are living in over-flowing ads, and we do not have any peace of mind because of too much of  ads. If commercial companies have the rights to advertise, we also have the right to protect my kids from all junks of ads. In order to protect ourselves, our government make some polish for the us and we should try to the way in which we have less commercial ads.



1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Nice essay with an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Good detail too.

From the misspellings here, I gather that you do not tend to proofread your drafts, especially not out loud. You should definitely try it.