Saturday, May 10, 2014

blog 11 "Happy meal"

1. the author tell us that  our meal should go back to old fashion ways in which the food is natural and was not processed. Also, we have to check all of ingredient and  avoid the food in which we do not really know about the words on indication. On top of that do not buy foods which is already issue in market. Thus, the author ask us to go whole food market and to eat a lot of vegetables. Nevertheless whole food is expensive, we should go with quality not quantities. If, possible, let's have our own garden and cook foods with our hands, and eat the food.

2. Actually, it is not that hard avoiding processed food because my taste is the same as grant-grand mother's taste. I do not like process food like Mayonnais, Ketchup, Sausages, Milk, Chess, Chip. Most food I eat is that vegetables. I used bamboo salt in which sea salt is bake in bamboo 9 time in bamboo when I cook. I mostly steam vegetable and eat. I have already read so many book about food that my sister, nurse, food expert sent me before. I also mostly used bamboo salt when I sick and avoid take pills.
 However, the problem is that what I should eat when I have to have meals with my friends outside. when I discuss about food with my friend and co-worker, they told me I am crazy. They asked me the air is already polluted where is organic foods. Also, they told me I can be able eat all organics not even skip one thing. They told me if i cannot, It means what is purpose to have whole food. I think their argue also make it sense because half organic and  half not means that I have is not all organic. I explained them that the mouse which take a little poison have more possibility to survive that mouse who had a lot of poison. However, I feel uncomfortable the time I have to have meal with friends who do not have critical thinking about processed food. Should I avoid to meet my friends? I cannot find any restaurant for people who looking organic food. Even if there is restaurant that use organic, I cannot trust whether they really cook the organic foods or not.  If my friend is not aware about foods and do not want to spend money for the organic restaurants. If it is only about me, I can handle but not for others.
Nothing impossible, my family and me is more crazy about whole food.

No comments: