Friday, May 2, 2014

Blog. 5

Before I came to New York, i was really conservative. So, I believed that something only men can do such as  becoming firefighter or police. Those jobs really hard and really dangerous. So, in Korea, most firefighters or polices are men. If women do, many people think strange. Koreans are used think women usually weaker than men. That happens really rare in Korea. When I came to New York, i could easily find police women on street. First time, it was really odd, but I changed my mind. Women also do hard jobs and even some women do many things that men can't. six months ago, when i was in Manhattan, I saw a robber ran from polices. A woman police jumped and caught red handed because she was light on her feet.

Changing in worldview it helps me live better. Before I came to New York, I was a baby in the woods. I just judged men and women that men are stronger than women. So, men always help women. That was wrong and stupid thinking. People have all different abilities and strength. Sex doesn't matter whatever they do. Through experience, I can look at world from various angles.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Isn't learning new things a wonderful experience? I am glad you feel wiser and more knowledgeable.