Friday, May 2, 2014

BLOG #5 THE TRUMAN SHOW




In the “Truman Show”, Truman lived in Seahaven a town that was not real, it was fake and full of actors. Truman was the main character, who went through a lot. Wherever Truman goes he felt as though he was being watched.  He had no private life. The story mention that when Truman see his neighbors in the morning he  would say to them, Good Morning, Good Afternoon and if I don’t see you Good Night, that was all he saw of his neighbor, he did not have a relationship with them.  In comparison what where I grew up in Guyana, in a small town call 63 village in Berbice. We knew everyone. My father was the Postmaster and he was the one who deliver the mails, packages and money to the people living in the village. He had built a relationship with the people. It was a village where everyone knew and looked out for each other, there was togetherness amongst each other. That was real and not fake.

I would not chose to live in Christo world because he created a show for the world to view Truman as a public spectacle. The author was very manipulating, he controlled Truman in every aspect of the show and Truman was very unhappy. I do not want to be treated in that manner. In this time and age whatever I chooses to do must not be view by the public. I recall one day I was absent from my job, and I told my supervisor the reason for not being at work. To my annoyance she told the whole office and everyone was looking at me as if I had committed a crime. I do not want to live my life feeling as though I am a prisoner.

No comments: