Saturday, May 10, 2014

How cell phone hurts your relationships

The article "HOW YOUR CELL PHONE HURTS YOURS RELATIONSHIPS" by Helen Lee Lin is nicely explaining how far and how deep can cell phones ruin our real life, what we are building. I mean the real life where the feelings can be hurt by the "unreal" life that most people build trough the cell phones.One study by Netta Weistein of the University of Essex showed that cell phones can ruin our real close relationships. Netta gets her point when she is trying people aware of the cell phone´s cobweb.I would do the same and would support studies like this. WHY? What I think is, that this new technologies is really taking away our real life and attention. Also is stealing our time from us which could be spent much more effectively.


As I have mentioned  " THE NEW TECHNOLOGIES" knew as an cell phones, I pads,computers. All these fakes build life inside them are taking away our attention from the real life. There are two examples on what I can show how really it matters! Let´s say that you are on the street and checking your phones for the news on the facebook  or any other web sides and your love of your life just passing you without knowing that she just crossed next to you. And now try to imagine that your life is going in different way without cell phone. You are on the same spot on the street and you two just run into each other. You got that look when you see each other and fall in love at first. It can continue with coffee and end up with a kid and real life together like a buying a house and to become a parents. Thus these important moments in the life you could miss! There is other  example from mine life. My sister in law she is addicted to her cell phone.Many times when we are having a lunch or whatever, she pays more attention to the life in her cell phone. It´s making me upset when I´m telling her a story or I´m having a question and there is no reaction back. It´s sad to me but I´m here two years and still don't know each other.We are sitting like two strangers next each other for a few hours because of her addiction to the cell.Thus we have no closeness between us. Shame, but this how it is with these new technologies. So as in the Weinstein´s study when she ask two strangers to report how they felt when they chatted with somebody who was close to the cell, results were low relationship and closeness.

My following example is, that time what we are spending on the cells could be spent much more effectively. For example, if you need some relax from the hectic life around and wanna spent some time in the nature, why would you take your phone with you?!! Don´t do it ever. This is how I´m surviving these days. I wanna spent at least one or two hour if is possible without any connection with the fake life. Like example if I do working out I don't bring my cell to the gym. Other people does and i´m freaking out. My two hours are just my to clear my body and my mind from the pressure. Once in the week me and my husband are going for a walk to the beach to charge our self with energies so no phones are allowed! We leave them in the car and enjoying our conversation and time together .


In my personal conclusion I do think that these new machines called cell phones hurts our close relationships or even doesn´t  let them mature already staring relationships. It´s sad that people are more interest in the fake life like in the real person next to them. To me these kind of people are needy and destitute.


No comments: