Friday, May 2, 2014

Blog # 7 Does knowledge make you happy?

Does knowledge make you happy?

Knowledge is the information and skills acquired by a person through experience or education. In order to define if knowledge makes you happier, will depends in the type of personality that this person has, the goals to achieve and how this person see itself in the future. In life everybody is different and for this reason there are people that love to study and gain some knowledge to be successful and those that don’t do absolutely anything to progress or improve themselves in personal and education levels, in other words are ignorant people.

In the “Allegory of the cave” Socrates made emphasis and those people that ignorant how is and what exists in the real world, like if they are living in a cave. I believe that those people have decided to live in this way just because they are not strong enough to confront and fight for their future in this real world. As consequences those people become lazy and they got used to live like this because they may be thinking that it’s much easier be an ignorant then smart. By being an ignorant they just have to live day by day without any objectives, any efforts to be better, but the appositive of being smart because smart people are always looking forward to gain some knowledge, which requires a lot of reading, memorize the studies and stay up late to do homework. What’s more, in certain point most of the people had gone through be an ignorant. Because bases in my own experience when I came here I was acting like an ignorant person, where I only got focus in work and home. A similar situation as if I was living in a cave without seeing what was around me. Until one day that I thought about my future and what I was doing with my life, so I decided to go to school to start learning the language and to look forward for a better education. Being an educated person changed my life because even when I feel tired from work and I know that I have to go to school that’s make me happy because I know that 
pretty soon I’ll be in a better position than the one that I was.

On the other hand, in life there are people that really love to go to school to gain some knowledge because that’s what makes them happier. Those people that think deeply and are dying to find out how things have been made, know that this is the pathway that would help them to be successful in life. Per example like in the Matrix movie, where Leo had the choice to pick the red or blue pill to see the real world or still living in a fantastic world where was not true.

Nevertheless, depends of our knowledge would be our future. Having knowledge does not weigh anything. So we should start learning and get up from living in a cave and being an ignorant to improve ourselves and stand up in the real world.


1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Nicely developed answer! Good job.