Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 11 happy meals

          "Would you like a happy meal"?I know what your thinking.Really a kids meal from mcdonalds?No I'm actually talking spinach and kale,and lettuce,pretty much anything you could eat straight from the ground.Hear me out,I recently read "happy meals" by micheal pollen.Where he gives steps we can do for healthier eating.The steps that are possible for me and my family,Because we have done it is step 9."cook.If you can plant a garden.Eat complete meals,at the table,If possible not alone.Eat slowly."My dad is an avid Gardner,ever since I was young we've planted everything from cilantro,to tomatoes in our backyard.Nothing like eating fresh ripe food with your family.
          Even thou,I've occasionally eat "organic" through my fathers gardening.I also can say my parents have bad grocery shopping habits.Processed meats with ingredients only a chemist would know,Is not a surprise in my household.Even when you tell them it's bad for you.My parents are the quantity over quality type.They think its ridiculous to pay to pay 5 dollars for organic milk,when you can have regular milk with all the good stuff like artificial growth hormones for half the price.
          "Stay out of the middle"Mr Pollan describes,In he's article is probably the hardest to overcome for my household as my parents that's where my parents do most of there grocery shopping.My mother is always looking for a bargain.which certainly is always in the middle aisles.Its so bad my mom would compare supermarket prices and shop at the supermarket with the best deals.

No comments: