Wednesday, May 7, 2014

blog5----- The truman show


The truman show


          Cristof created a perfect world to control Truman.  There everything are not truth,  including the weather, was controlled in a huge Hollywood dome. Truman grew up having no idea he was being watched every hour of the day, and that every step he took was being viewed by millions all over the globe. As the show progressed, it became clear how much media influenced Truman's life, and also how Christ of played a huge role in Truman's well-being.

       Firstly, the influence of media affects our lives in many ways. As The Truman Show ran 24/7, there were no commercials. Therefore, the show had to generate an income by advertising products to the viewers. For example, when Truman's wife showed off her recent purchase, a Chef Pal, she listed many unique characteristics about the product, hoping some of the millions of viewers would purchase it. This shows how much commercials and advertising can persuade us to purchase a product. Without even realizing it, TV viewing can influence people's purchases.
        Secondly, a form of media displayed in the show can be described as broadcast media. The Truman Show was broadcasted all over the world and millions of people were watching it. You could see this because during the movie people were shown watching the show in various places. For example, there was a man watching TV while in his bathtub and two security guards enjoyed the show while on patrol. This shows how TV can be addictive, and possibly interfere with our ability to complete everyday tasks. Finally, Truman was basically living in an artificial world. Everything was planned, and the actors were well educated to make Truman believe everything about his life existed in Seahaven. This shows how people can be influenced to believe that something is real or true but in reality it is not. He had a wife who did not love him, a teacher who did not support what he was trying to go after, and a friend who did not actually mean what he said. Cristof always control Truman.
      For me , I do not like other people to control me ,Some parents want to control their children a great deal, while others don’t have much control over their kids at all. when i was a teenager ,I felt that my parents were  right in the middle of high and low control. Things that I did everyday were sometimes limited by my parents, while other times they were lenient with me. They are adults, have much more experience than me, and that was why they had certain opinions on different issues, which I value. An example was my curfew. My parents set a time that I could stay out until for the weekends. I conversed with my parents about the issue by telling them how I felt, but they were the ones that ultimately made the decision. By setting a reasonable time to try to satisfy me, but also instill some rules, they made the choice based on what they knew,  and what they wanted. Like all children, some situations I don’t agree  with them. However, they knew what was right and wrong. Some of the time they might make the wrong decision, or the decision that I didn’t want to, but it’s for a certain reason, and I respected  that.
      In my conclusion ,  everyone do not like to control by someone, including
Truman, they would think that they lose their freedom. I think people should not try to control someone , and parents should not limit their kids to do what they want,sometimes they should let them to make a right decision for their life.
   

No comments: