Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blog # 8 Midterm Reflection



 When I looked at the essays that I wrote that I am proud of is blog# 4, because in the article the people were not motivated to do anything to gain knowledge. They were not willing to make a change in life to gain knowledge.  For me I am glad that I have taken the opportunity to further my education at La Guardia College. One day I want to become an Accountant and to make somebody of myself.
The class activities especially when we were in groups, helped a lot. In class I was able to develop the basic writing skills, learned how to look for the main idea in a passage. Also in class helps us to write an essay for 90 mim time period. Brave new world enhance learning.
However seeing that I have taken CAWT practice exam I now have the basic of writing and constructing a written essay, knowing the structure, the thesis statement, the body of the essay to be supported by a personal experience and the conclusion.  Thanks to Dr. Ximena Gllardo who made learning so simple. I planned to work on my grammar, also do a lot more reading and practice writing to help me to be better prepared to take the ENG 099 CAWT exam.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Thank you for the thoughtful reflection. The plans make sense, but do you know what grammar problems do you will be working on, exactly? I need concrete detail! :-)