Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blog 13

          Obesity.....It's synonymous with Americans.As much as we are known for our freedoms and diversity.We are also known for this growing problem.The United States has troubling statistics.CDC.gov states nearly 35 percent of Americans are obese.Elizabeth kohlbert author of "why are we so fat"Believes she has the answer to her question.I recently read book 3:Fat land in which ms kohlbert points to big portion sizes and vendors trying sell larger quantities,and uses examples like mcdonalds "super sizing" to plead her case.I oppose because I think obesity has more to do with food quality over portion size.
          "Once wallerstein introduced the bigger boxes,popcorn sales at his theaters soared,and so did those of another high margin item,soda".Soda no matter the size is super unhealthy.Sure drinking a 16 fl oz is worst then drinking 8 fl oz,But drinking 8 fl oz,Constantly will help make you obese.One of my uncles who was really obese I would notice it was not the amount of food he would eat,But the quality.Meals with high saturated fats and drink with loads of sugar were he's fav.He always used to tell me why am I going to spend money at a super market and waste my time cooking it.When I can go to a fast food restaurant and have a good tasting meal at a bargain of a price.
          "They don't want to eat Two bags-they don't want to look like a glutton".gluttony I think is humanity's main problem.We take our food for granted.Good food or bad food.We just don't know when to stop.To the point we are throwing away tons of leftovers.

No comments: