Monday, May 12, 2014

Manufactured demand blog

          Germs,,,,,Those weird looking creatures,you remember seeing under a microscope,when you were a kid.the word cooties makes you cringe.Ahh thank god for all those cootie shots I tool.There's one thing I noticed in my adult life.Majority of people are still really germophopic.From riding the subway,and seeing commuters excess use of hand sanitizer.To pedestrians walking in the street with surgical masks.People are afraid of germs,and when it comes to our water supply,that view doesn't change.Or might even be heighten.As proven by this myth"but tap water is still susceptible to germs,as well as perrcorus chemical agents."
          This myth raises questions,And one of those questions.....Is this all true?Well I will argue against this myth,As I found a study done in 2006,courtesy of Wikipedia that shows 89.3 percent of the nations community water systems were in compliance with more than 90 EPA standards.Add a regulated water system.With a good quality water filter at home and a free price tag.That is very hard to beat.
          This myth reminds me of certain times in my life.Good memories and bad.Growing up I was really into baseball.My dad had this dream of me and my brothers making it into the pros.Well that dream kinda faltered and now wants us all to become cops.But that's another story for another day.I remember playing little league baseball in the park,In my hometown of queens ny,Two to three times a week and drinking out out of the public water fountain with no problem.I never got sick,Nothing.I did that for years.That was of course was the good memory.The bad memory of course doesn't end as pretty.I went to Dominican republic when I was 10 years old,And become really good friends with the kids in the neighborhood.We would play games afterward I would see them drink out of the water fountain in the streets so I would do the same.After a few days I got really sick.I was vomiting everything I ate,had really bad diarrhea.I was severely dehydrated.We went to the hospital where the doctor told me I had caught a parasite most likely from the water supply.

No comments: