Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Meals

According to Pollan's suggestions for eating better, his idea is possible for me and my family to accept. First of all, it is possible to avoid eating foods which my great grand mother disallow us because she has more cooking experience than us and she would know how to cook healthy. So, her advices would be right. Moreover, it is dangerous to eat food which their ingredients are unfamiliar with us, and the author is right we shouldn't eat high-fructose corn syrup because it can lead us to be obesity, and diabetes. It can't give us any advantages, so we should stop using this kind of stuffs. “In addition, we haven't used every items which we see in markets, so we don't know which one is good for our health. But we can easily neglect products which were charged by Health Association because it is obviously clear that unhealthy products may get fined. Moreover, we can't shop real food which mean fresh and healthy food in supermarket, the most fresh and nutritious food may in the farm market because we already know that every organic food come from them. Furthermore, now a days most of the healthiest people in the world are loving to eat green leaves,and vegetables. That are facts we can't argue with anythings, so we must accept that we get benefit of eating mostly green leaves. I agree with an author last advice and it is possible to do, and acceptable way for families. It is the best and fresh food ever which we pick from our own garden when we need to cook. More over, it can save our money and will become more happy by sharing them with our neighbors. Why are we eating meal? Is it only to satisfy our physical needs? Those questions were pop up in my mind while reading the author statement, and my answer would be not only satisfy our physical need but also to fulfill our emotional which I mean families dinners. We can talk and share about our daily experience with each other family members in our family dinner tables, so we don't have to eat rush and we can eat slowly, and talk, and create happy meals.


It is hard to follow every steps of the author saying because my great grand mother may know something, but not every things. So, when I have to choose to eat for breakfast I would not ask to my grandmother because she doesn't have chances to know about now a days every new products such as nondairy creamer. I like to use this stuffs when I make my coffee, but my great grand mother doesn't like it, she only like traditional simple coffee which is black coffee with sugar. More over, it is hard for me to know every products which have health claim issues, so I can't pay attention on every products whatever they announced. I will try whatever products which reach in my hand and if I like it I will keep using it, if it is not I will stop using it. But I would accept only avoid using product when I see side effect products in front of my eyes. Moreover, I could slightly agree with eating mostly leave, but I can't accept fully. Eating more leaves can maintain our bodies healthy but it will not give me delicious meal. I can't be satisfied with my dishes a lot of leaves and having a small amount of meat in it. Moreover, getting plants from our own gardens is more nice than buying from farm markets but it is really hard to own big acres of garden in now a days. Even if we can create a small garden, we still have to spend our time and energy from our busy schedules to have healthy grown plants. Moreover, in these day we have less chance to have family dinners, so we can't expect too much on our busy family members to join in our dinner tables. We can make it happens, but it can't be always.

I strongly disagree with the author, because his idea is totally impossible for us to accept. We all have different like and dislike foods, so I will not like whatever my great grandmother says it is good. I will eat whatever I like. I don't want to know what is made with, I only care about the product brands. The one that I know is the product brand is not easy to create, so whatever the product brand is popular it is surely delicious and worth to pay. There is one more point which impossible for me which is “Get out of the supermarket whenever possible.” That is impossible because we don't have time to shop every single farm to pick up our needs. Every products have same quality, we don't need to choose that much.
If we buy from supermarkets, we will get the same quality products as the Farm markets. Moreover, that is impossible to plants ourselves to have organic food, because now a days lands price are higher than the last two decades. Even though if we have land, it is impossible to use even a few space to make as garden in this city. If we make a garden where can we park, where can we make BBQ, where can we throw parties. Moreover, if we can have a meal with other people especially family members, it would be nice. Now a days, most family members can only put on their expectation list to have a family dinner, because they can't give time for that. Whoever hungry they have to eat first, because they have to do next things.














No comments: