Thursday, May 1, 2014

blog8

  • 1. I really like Plato's piece " Unexamined life is not worth living"(blog4) because it reminded the book "Demian" by Hermann Hesse which is my favorite book. He said that one young bird come out from the eggshell, it accompanies with a lot of suffering in order to break the wall. I had been too struggling with my Korean culture which I want to call "cage" for women. However, I could not resist, break up, and confront to the wall. Actually, I was not brave enough to fight with my culture which women belong to men so that I escaped from there to the United state. I thought this country is the one which is new world and new knowledge I found. However, I realize that there is not end of knowledge and we will confront the wall until we die. Digging the piece of Plato made me re-think of my life that how I am going to live the rest of my life. Even though I know I have to fight with the true, but really I have to do? this theme did not go away on my head. I like blog 4 because I put my all energy and I proud of it no matter how messy grammar is. Also, I had a complement from Dr. Gallardor that I made a very nice response. It encouraged me to looking forward to the future which is CATW. I proud my essay because I can see my essay is getting longer than the beginning of this semester.
  •   2. I have been learning a lot of things from this class. Especially, organizing the structure, which was my weaker part of CATW. As  writing every topic at the beginning of paragraph , it helps my writing not to get off the main track  that I want to talk. Also, through this semester, I found out that, I very often run away from thesis  of  the articles. For example, when article tells us about park, I discussed about something different subject like sea. it was my main problem. I have thought about developing have to be totally  a different story from the article because it is called "develop". However, it wasn't that way, I must keep the main idea and I should add my opinion. Now my knowledge about CATW is clear, and I really know that what I should write. It won't happen like before as ending up my essay with vague and unclear story with facing up with totally different story from the article. On top of that, my professor pointed out my bad habit that I do not proofread and I will keep working on that. Hopefully, I will not make another failure any more. I learn this from my super smart professor so that I will prove.
  • My biggest is issue is grammar, and I think it takes  a little while. However, I will keep practice as copying some articles which my professor posted on the blog. Also, I have to try to write brainstorm in short time and read articles  as fast as I can . On top of that, I will search some good examples for the CATW, and I will try to watch some movies which could be helped for me. Also, the best strategy is that I will eat some chocolates and almonds which make me calm down little bit more, and have good rest before the exam date. In addition, I will not forget proofreading, and checking all the points such as the author's name, evidences, referring to the article, theses and claims. In order to pass the CATW,  I will write four essays for  the rest  weeks from the date, and I will bring them to the tutors in writing center, Room 200.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

I am crossing my fingers for you for the CAT-W!

Thank you for the thoughtful reflection. I think your plans make total sense.