Friday, May 2, 2014

Blog 8: Midterm Reflection

When I look back what I did write in a past few months I think I can be proud of my essay of Allegory of the Cave, blog 4. In this essay i showed my true feelings about the people who ignore the truth and wanna be ignored by the truth. I wrote good examples where is easy and clear for the readers to understand what are my points of this essay. Also I´m interested in this theme so that´s why it´s mine favorite one. It wasn't just me who liked the essay.When I gave it to my husband to read he was proud of me and surprised how good I´m doing.


What kind of class activities helped me? I think all these classes with Dr. X were so helpful. I had no idea how to write an American essay. I didn't know how to start and how to end.When I went on a placement exam I did ask some of my friends how to write an essay. Their explain was very short, maybe in five words?! Thus classes with our prof. X were just on the write place in the write time for me. I started from begging and I learned a lot. I´m very happy that we have such a cool professor who has the talent and right tools to explain and teach us on the easy way. I have learned how to summarize, how to quote and use examples which was my night mare. I had no clue what examples to use, but when you start thinking deep there is always something what connects to your life or to your knowledge from history. Thus I have learned a lot in this class and also it gave me a lot.


 I have to really focus on my vocabulary and grammar. My big mistake is that I don't read a lot so my vocabulary is kind of poor. I´m not sure if it´s enough time to fix it but i will try my best. I already finished the book The last Lecture by Randy Pausch and looking forward to start new book. Books are very helpful specially for me because I have photogenic memory, it´s easier to remember the words. So I will believe in my self that I can do it no matter what. Hope will succeed.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Thank you for the thoughtful reflection. In the long term, reading is the best way to become a writer--the way a language works just seeps in before you know, so keep this up. I can even suggest some good novels if you are interested.