Friday, May 9, 2014

BLOG # 11.. Happy Meals... ....

In" Happy Meals," Pollan's suggests why should we avoid junk and unhealthy foods and make habit to healthier foods every day in our lives.  We need to follow Pollan's suggestions for eating better and live better.
      I believe all of the Pollan's suggestions for eating better are good for all the people including me and my family for a healthier lives. Most of the suggestion can be followed by my family and me everyday. Pollan's suggested that avoid food product containing ingredients that are unfamiliar and unpronounceable. I can do it easily and persuade my family to do it, whenever we will go for groceries we just need to look labels on products, there are many products so we can do it . She mentioned in her suggestions that always buy fresh foods and avoid foods that makes health claims because that kind of foods might cause heart attacks and many diseases because they contain chemicals, sugar e.t.c. Moreover, she reports that eat plants, specially leaves. I always love to have some plants and vegetables in my meals, i love salads because most of the salads are made from fresh plants, vegetables, fruits, spinach, olives, and other kind of plants and veggie; moreover its really good for health, it also lower sugar and it doesnt have much calories, fat. I always persuade my family to have more plants, veggie, fruits instead of taking meats and high calories GMO foods.
    Next, some Pollan's suggestions will be little hard to follow not only me and my family but also for other American such as she suggested to spend more money to buy organic and fresh foods. We can not afford all the times but i will love to do it . Organic foods are way better than other GMO foods in the supper market. On top of that, we can not find organic food in supermarkets because it is expensive so supermarkets owner's do not keep all the times. She also suggested get out of the supermarket whenever possible because as a New Yorker we do not have much time to go to farmer marker to get fresh and organic foods. I love gardening all through my life. when i was in Bangladesh i had a vegetable garden, i used to grow many vegetables and plants. Nowadays, in New York it not possible for most of the New Yorker's because every one including me and my family are busy with jobs and we do not have time for gardening; on top of that, there is no place for gardening. She says to cook, i try to cook whenever i get chance but i believe people in USA are very busy to cook, even though some people have time to cook but they do not want to cook because they love to go to restaurants. Pollan's suggested that to eat slowly i always do it and love it; besides, most of the time i have my meals alone because i live alone here in New York.
    Finally, i believe all of the Pollan's suggestions can be followed, none of them are impossible. some are little hard to maintain and follow everyday in our lives. I believe, if me, my family and other people who want a better and healthier lives must be follow her advices as much as we can.

No comments: